Who We Are
The University of Antofagasta is a pluralist, secular, regional and state institution, dedicated to the formation of professionals with a deep sense of responsibility with the environment and a solid value formation.
It promotes the transfer of science and technology knowledge through research and innovation. In this context, our university assumes the responsibility of contributing to the social mobility with its graduates, making the university a contribution for the region and the country.
Our institution has defined high priority areas, in the quality of the academic work in teaching, research and outreach.
Faculties and Institutes
- Basic Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences, Arts y Humanities
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Marine Sciences and Biological Resources
- Institute Antofagasta of Renewable Natural Resources
- Institute of Anthropological Research
- Institute of Natural Sciences “Alexander von Humboldt”